Monday, November 22, 2010

Bus'ness

I had a tune in my head I just kinda made up around the office, wrote these lyrics to it.  It's pretty much a simple, light-hearted commentary on the workplace.

You get a nack...
for stabbin' back.
Steppin' on toes
and gettin' off track.

'Cause in the real world,
things get whack.
Puttin' all your money
in a paper sack.

But I know,
it's just bus'ness.
Workin' every day
at your rot-heart fitness.

If I gotta trample you
for a fifth floor view,
God knows I will
'cause you will too.

It's just bus'ness.

Paranoid,
for no damn reason.
Bein' good is out,
and mean's in season.

When I clock in,
consider it treason.
I pow-zam-zoom like
Jackie Gleason.

'Cause you know,
it's just bus'ness.
We ain't friends,
you're just a witness.

To when I trample you,
for a fifth floor view
take your raise,
and I say adieu.

It's just bus'ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment